South Boundary Shuttles
Experience New Mexico's #1 mountain bike trail with Turquoise Tours! We're the only South Boundary shuttle and we're fully insured. How it works:
Step 1. Choose your pickup location (also where your ride will end):
1. El Nogal parking lot on Highway 64 (the Taos trailhead)
2. Gearing up Bike Shop in Taos (616 Paseo del Pueblo Sur) next door to Maria's Burrito Stand (M-F) and the Coffee Apothecary (fine coffee and espresso, closed Sundays).
3. Taos Cyclery in El Prado, across from Elevation Coffee 575-758-5551.
Step 2. Choose your drop off location (where your ride will begin):
1. Garcia Park - midpoint of the South Boundary Trail, 12 mile ride.
2. Trailhead at Forest Road 76 - the whole darn trail, 20 miles.
Step 3. Choose your SBT ride date.
Step 4. Call or click below to reserve your seat with a $10 deposit! 575.776.8687
The SBT is en epic ride not well-marked and famous for getting folks lost, so download MTB Project's course profile. Bring a rain shell, ample water, snacks, sunscreen, smart phone with MTB Project app, arm and leg warmers, and of course, your helmet. Check our Facebook page for updated trail photos. We can take groups of up to 11 with 24 hours notice. Fido is welcome with notice and a pet fee of $15, if space is available. Call or click below to make a reservation.
- Garcia Park: $35pp, minimum $50
- FR 76 Trailhead: $45pp, minimum $75
- Guided rides, custom shuttles, and group rates available
mountain bike Day Trips
Want to ride an epic trail but don't want to think about every turn and intersection? Don't want to get stranded on an unfamiliar trail in an unfamiliar place? Just want to ride with a local while you're visiting the Land of Enchantment? We've got you covered. Offering half-day and full-day guided mountain bike rides in Taos, Santa Fe, and Albuquerque.
- Half-day: $75 per person ($120min)
- Full-day: $130 per person ($200min, includes lunch)